June 1, 2011
1. Back in school this spring, I kicked butt. Sometimes I feel really behind my peers since I won’t graduate until next December, but I don’t really mind. I have finally found a subject I am passionate about and I love my classes! The official name of my degree is Health Promotion and Education.
2. I have been working at The Kura Door since September, but just this week my schedule has changed so that I won’t work Friday nights anymore. This makes me SO happy.
The Kura Door is a holistic Japanese Spa. It is such a beautiful space. Even James like to come in, which I thought I would never see. On second thought, he may be a little shy about how much he likes it. :)
3. A few days ago I was having a panic attack (‘stressplosion’ as James calls it) while coming to my whits end about my calling as stake camp director. Thankfully most of that has subsided, since I have FINALLY found a good location.
I now believe in karma because when I was at camp, I would hide in my tent to avoid skits and other activities. Now I’m in charge of planning skits and getting girls excited… this is really going to test my acting skills!
4. The best thing about summer is all the free time I have to READ!! I just finished the millenium series, or the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo series. Don’t start this series- It is totally graphic and disgusting. Having said that, it has great characters, writing, and addicting stories. I have a love/hate relationship with these books.
5. I am trying to become a decent cyclist. I went all the way to the top of emigration canyon (I had only gone up 3/4 way last year) and wasn’t even sore the next day. My goal is to do a century ride by next summer.
6. I have been in a rut when it comes to crafting and cooking the last few months. I have been too busy. I don’t know how people go to school full time and work full time. It is the worst. I am cutting way back this fall- I don’t care what we have to sacrifice, that is just too much to handle. Now I find myself reading with my free time. I started a zig-zag quilt in January and I am about 1/2 way done, but haven’t started it back up yet. Same with cooking…. I have lost the desire to cook more that twice a week, and then I don’t find any joy in it. Hopefully all of this will change before school starts up again.
April 5, 2011
March 7, 2011
Here is a shoe that I haven’t worn in a long time. I don’t like the color, and I really don’t like the buckle. So, I chose to cover them with some fabric that I already had, and add some ruffles.
Instructions to make these can be found here.
I decided to start craft projects because of zipper rosettes. They are so easy to make, and look so rad! I’ve noticed lots of shoes and accessories with zippers, so I couldn’t wait to give it a try.
I picked up some back canvas flats from Payless for $12. Removed the bows (I’m saving those for something) and attached the zippers.
I’m in love with my new shoes! Especially since they cost me only $17.
I’ve saved the best for last. I picked up this T at Target for $9. Added rosettes for $2:
My J-Crew inspired T took me about 2 hours. There is definitely a learning curve when you make these for the first time. :)
March 1, 2010
This week was hard, but I knew everything was going to be just fine once I started to make a cake for my father- in-law’s birthday. This little guy just about made me jump for joy!
My first chocolate curl!
Then this happened. It is so easy and fun to do!
My beautiful cake. It is all gone now, but I want to make another one!
Also, my little brother Luke got a mission call to TAHITI this week!
I’ve been training for the 1/2 marathon in Moab the last 5 weeks. The race is on March 20. So, I feel like I’m totally becoming a gym rat. I have “friends” there- we never talk, but I see them almost everyday! I feel like I need a week worth of work out clothes because of this.
This last week I have reached several milestones.
1. I ran 6 miles on Saturday. I’m scheduled to run 7 this Saturday. I feel very surprised by this. I have never been a runner. It is amazing how little victories and hard work can make this possible. Suddenly I’m saying to myself, “Man, I can’t do 7 miles. 5, sure, but not 7!” Then I realize I can run 5 miles and it sounds doable!That is a first!
2. I went to the gym twice today. I’m behind on my schedule so I went twice. Weird.
3. Suddenly, I really like Metallica. Mostly just the song No Leaf Clover. I listen to it every time I run- at least once.
4. Today I cried at the gym. I felt like no one really noticed though- either I’m wiping sweat or tears, right? I just can’t help it when I watch the Olympics; I get so emotional!
However, I’m still waiting for it to get “easier.” I have a girlfriend who says she can go forever, but the first 3 miles are the hardest. I think it’s all hard. My body hurts everywhere almost every day. I respect long distance and full marathon runners so much!
February 9, 2010
James and I had a great weekend in Logan seeing old friends and going to an Aggie basketball game.
With my old roommates at the creamery.
We even picked up some game-day t-shirts before the big game.
I was really excited to go to a game because that was such a staple experience of my college life. USU fans are crazy and it is so fun at the Spectrum! I have been to BYU and the U’s basketball games but nothing compares to USU.
This clip is when there was less than a minute left.
Is that not a scoreboard?
YES, THAT IS A SCOREBOARD!
Is that not a 74?
YES, THAT IS A 74!
Is that not a 62?
YES, THAT IS A 62!
Is that not the winning team?
YES, THAT IS THE WINNING TEAM!
Is that not the losing team?
YES, THAT IS THE LOSING TEAM!
With the second best home winning streak in the nation, no wonder games are so fun.